Clipstone Colliery - May 2013

- Posted in Urban Exploring by - Comments
Visited with Humpa and JasperB. Clipstone Colliery was a coal mine situated near the village of the same name on the edge of an area of Nottinghamshire known as “The Dukeries” because of the number of stately homes in the area. The colliery was owned by the Bolsover Colliery Company and passed Read more

Mansfield General Hospital - May 2013

- Posted in Urban Exploring by - Comments
Visited with Humpa, JasperB and Kates. The first purpose built hospital to serve Mansfield and Mansfield Woodhouse area was constructed in 1877 on land which was donated by the Duke of Portland. That building later became a public house, The Fourways Inn, situated at the junction of Butt Lane and Read more